Private Rented Accommodation

Private rented accommodation can include lodgings, renting your own flat or house or shared accommodation. Your landlord will be a private individual or company.
Living in private rented accommodation you will either be a tenant or a licensee.  Private renting offers you the freedom to find the type of accommodation you require in the area you wish to live.

You may be eligible for help with the rent payments through Housing Benefit, contact your Local Authority for more details.

If you decide to go ahead, you will need to get money together for a deposit and usually one month’s rent in advance.

Contact your own Local Authority for further advice and to see if they operate either a Rent Deposit or Rental Loan Scheme.